If you are looking for a career in the field of information security, either in the form of a programmer, software developer, troubleshooter or systems administrator, it is important for you to obtain CISSP certification. However, prior to applying for CISSP training, it is necessary that you know everything about this training. There are a number of important factors that you need to consider prior to applying for this training. But before everything else, you need to know what is CISSP certification?
What is CISSP Certification?
The full form of CISSP is Certified Information Systems Security Professional. CISSP certification is a grueling and advanced exam that basically tastes the abilities and the skills of information security expert and also validates the same for securing enterprise environment. Serving in the form of a CISSP certified expert is not an easy thing to. It requires several years of experience along with an endorsement from an existing CISSP professional for taking the three-hour long tough examination or you can look for institute offering CISSP exam pass guarantee. This examination is conducted by the (ISC) 2 and provides vendor-neutral capacities applicable throughout the industry and the world.
Important Things to Consider Prior to Applying for CISSP Certification
Some of the most important things to consider prior to applying for CISSP certification and training are as follows:
This is probably one of the most important things that one needs to consider for getting his or her CISSP credentials. Applicants should have a clear understanding of the CISSP requirements. The requirements are as follows:
- Experience and knowledge in two and even more of the following domains:
- Access control
- Information security and risk management
- Operations security
- Investigations/legal/regulations and compliance
- Applications security
- Security and design architecture
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Telecommunications and network security
- Physical/environmental security
Apart from this, the candidates applying for CISSP certification should have 5 years of work experience and if they do not possess this then they need to undertake CISSP exam that is ISC designated. Proper attestation in regards to the experience of the candidate is required and it is also necessary for the candidate to agree to the CISSP code of ethics. It is also important for the candidates to pass the CISSP exam with minimum 700 points. Certified ISC should endorse the professional qualifications of the candidate.
Considering the CISSP Specializations is Important
The main specializations in CISSP certification include:
The Importance of Considering the Reason behind Taking UP CISSP Certification
There are a number of reasons behind people undertaking CISSP certification and candidates applying for the same should have a clear idea of their own or personal reasons for undertaking CISSP certification. Some reasons are as follows:
- Gaining good ability in designing architecture and in managing the security of company environments.
- Demonstrating ones technical proficiency and capability in developing effective IT security programs for a company according to standards that are globally accepted.
- Validating proven expertise and skills gained by way of IT security work experience.
- Filling the skill gap that has left several security positions empty in different organizations.
- Establishing one’s commitment and dedication towards the best practices in information security by acquiring relevant skills constantly for earning CPEs
CISSP training and certification obtained from a fully authorized training center helps in paving the way for accelerated study and large-scale development.