It is an indisputable fact that the oil and gas industries are constantly changing with new innovations that enhance the cost efficiency of production. The Control Valve Manufacturers is one such revolution in the world of production.
Control Valves are the integrated system of valve, actuator, positioner or process controller. They are of different types such as Butterfly Valves, Angle Seat Valves, Diaphragm Valve, Disc Valves, Ball Valves, and Globe Valves. They work for ideal control results.
Control Valves control various parameters such as flow, temperature, pressure and liquids through pipes or tubes. Entirely or partly they function by means of opening and shutting down. The valve body is designed for smooth flow which minimises the pressure loss and provides better range.
Control Valves can be operated either electrically or hydraulically. With advanced specifications, they require low maintenance and they have good durability.
Global Market of Control Valve Manufacturers
According to a report, the control valve market is expected to grow from USD 7.84 billion in 2018 to USD 10.62 billion by 2024. The key factors driving the growth of this market are the connected networks to maintain different equipment in plants and commissioning of new nuclear plants.
The control valve market for actuators will grow at the highest annual growth rate during the forecast period. The demand for pneumatic actuators will be the highest and will drive the market during the forecast period. With the increasing demand in the oil and gas industry, hydraulic and actuators will also drive the market during the forecast period.
No doubt, control valve requires huge investment during the initial stages due to the addition of actuators and valve control software. But the requirement and cost of valves vary with the size of the plant and application.
Leading Global Control Valve Manufacturers
The global market in oil and gas sector is distinguished by the presence of various small, medium and large industries who offer a variety of industrial valves to the oil and gas industry. The vendors incorporate customization options and they offer complete automation requirements.
The top 5 leading global control valve manufacturers are –
- Emerson Electric Co. – Being founded in 1890, Emerson Electric Co. is the manufacturer of automation systems, HVAC/R systems and the related equipment. The including products are measuring devices, valves, actuators, solenoids, pneumatics, heaters, air conditioners, etc.
- Flowserve Corp. – Flowserve Corp. is a manufacturer of flow control products. The flow control products include pumps, valves, seals, actuators, instrumentation, decoking systems, etc. They serve the oil, gas, chemical, power generation, and water resource markets.
- Parker Hannifin Corp. – Parker Hannifin Corp. is the manufacturer of solenoid valves for fluid control applications. The extensive products are steam, proportional, cryogenic, vacuum, fuel dispensing, etc. The customised valves are available to meet the specific needs.
- Pentair – Pentair is the industrial vendor that engages in the manufacturing of unconventional products and solutions for the energy and industrial sector. The company focuses on products including flow controls, valves, actuators, and other automation products.
- Cameron – Cameron engages in the manufacturing of industrial products which includes pressure control, flow control, and compression system. Besides the industrial manufacturing products, the company also provides aftermarket support services to the oil and gas industry.
The oil and gas industry is expected to account for the largest size of the control valve market. With such a large spectrum of choices, there is a constant demand for high-quality valves. However, this has always remained a difficult task. It has resulted in forcing many western hemisphere companies to ensure a high standard in their products.
Having faced a huge transformation, there have been price fluctuations in the raw material. Although, the upstream projects have not been affected by such issues and valve companies have managed to keep themselves afloat.